Sunday, October 23, 2005

STUBBS THE ZOMBIE

I just found out about this new game, Stubbs the Zombie. (I really need to be more on the ball about this kind of thing.) It's available for X-Box, PC, and Mac, which means there's no way I'm going to be able to play it. I don't have an X-Box. My dad's PC is too much of a piece of crap to play anything more advanced than Pong. And my Mac was stolen.

But it looks like a game I'd enjoy. If you're reading this blog you'd probably enjoy it too. So if any of you have actually played it, please post a review in the comments or e-mail one to me- dominic@lopez.net .

Stubbs the Zombie uses the Halo engine. The premise reminds me of Destroy All Humans in that you play what would normally be the villian in a B movie. In Destroy All Humans you were the alien invader. In Stubbs the Zombie you are... Stubbs the Zombie, naturally. You create a zombie hord and try to take over the futuristic city of Punchbowl.

There's also a soundtrack album for Stubbs the Zombie featuring "Exclusive New Tracks From The Flaming Lips, Cake, Death Cab For Cutie, Ben Kweller, The Dandy Warhols , Phantom Planet And More!". I've heard some of it online and it sounds good. Here's a quote form the album's street team site.
Stubbs The Zombie: The Soundtrack is filled with brand new versions of songs made famous in Stubbs’ own time, with the exception of Phantom Planet’s zombie-inspired track “The Living Dead,” which was written specifically for the game. From Brooklyn’s indie-pop artist Ben Kweller’s version of “Lollipop,” to Danish garage rock duo The Raveonettes’ rendition of “My Boyfriend’s Back,” these artists may be relatively new names on the music scene, but these ’50s pop standards are loved the world over. In addition, alternative rock veterans The Flaming Lips put the Wayne Coyne spin on “If I Only Had A Brain,” and Cake’s “Strangers in the Night” wouldn’t be complete without the band’s standard trumpet fare. Although other video games have inspired soundtracks of their own, Stubbs The Zombie is the first to present a complete album of original recordings as opposed to the licensed music most games employ today.

TRACK LISTING

Ben Kweller – “Lollipop”
The Raveonettes – “My Boyfriend’s Back”
Death Cab for Cutie – “Earth Angel”
Rose Hill Drive – “Shakin’ All Over”
Cake – “Strangers In The Night”
The Walkmen – “There Goes My Baby”
Rogue Wave – “Everyday”
The Dandy Warhols – “All I Have To Do Is Dream”
Oranger – “Mr. Sandman”
The Flaming Lips – “If I Only Had A Brain”
Clem Snide – “Tears On My Pillow”
Milton Mapes – “Lonesome Town”
Phantom Planet – “The Living Dead”
You can hear samples from the album on the Stubbs the Zombie Media Player by clicking here.

If you're interested in joining the street team yourself, click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home