Sunday, January 08, 2006

The Batman Vs. Dracula

After just saying that maybe it's time to leave Dracula alone, I've come across a decent reiteration.

My Brother Delano and his wife Rachel gave me The Batman Vs. Dracula DVD with Figurines set for my birthday.



This feature length animated feature first premiered on The WB sometime around Halloween of 05 and is part of the current The Batman animated series. The series in general is well animated and has a style quite different from the 90's series.

The first thing that struck me about The Batman Vs. Dracula was the blood. That's right, this animated feature persumably intended for a young audience has the nerve to actually show some blood. We don't see very much of it coming directly out of people but in one scene the floor is literally covered with it.

I won't go into too much detail about the plot. I hate reviews that tell you the whole story. I'll just mention that the Penguin, the Joker, and Vicky Vale also appear in the story.

Dracula is a formidable foe for the Batman. The match up is natural concidering the shared bat motief and infact has happened before in the comics, most notibaly in Batman/Dracula: Red Rain.



The movie is well animated, has plenty of action, good voice acting, and the fright level is appropriate to the target audience. Adults should find plenty to enjoy as well. And the figures are cool too.

I give The Batman Vs. Dracula four out of five bloody crosses.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home